Sunday, October 10, 2004

s.h.y. at 45!

Unexpected notes of concern and care from people you rarely meet are indeed very heartwarming-- much more so a piece of work that they exclusively dedicate to you.

Marco, a teacher, composed the following tanka-like poem which he dedicated to me (the "I"):
45 times
I have circled the sun
I keep the ship afloat
With the buoyancy
Of my soul.

Many thanks to you, Marco!

The poem contrasts quite sharply with this haiku that I have written:

summer is gone...
forty-five summers
gone so quickly!

At 45, I'm really very s.h.y. (Single, Happy and Young!) Looking at a half-filled cup, I also feel excited, optimistic and grateful for the other half that is empty.







6 Comments:

Blogger celia kusinera said...

Hi there, just passing by ... I'm not sure if it's your birthday but just the same - Happy Birthday. If not then belated or advanced happy birthday! hehe! I like your haikus and gems of wisdoms. Keep it up.

7:15 PM  
Blogger roh mih said...

Thank you, Celia! I visited your blog, "English Patis",too... Aba! Naglaway ako! My favorite dishes are kare-kare, adobo, and kalderetang baka or kambing. I hope you could feature special recipes of these dishes also.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Stan said...

Hi Roh, your profile says you're wondering constantly if there's life out there. I have an idea. I think it's a good one. See what you think, on my blog.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Selenasking said...

Hi, very nice Blog you have here. God bless!

10:55 PM  
Blogger Casey Wolf said...

very glad you have made the circuit 45 times, and enjoy both halves of your cup en route. happy to have crossed paths with you on my 48th circuit.

now i must get back to your blog to read what you say about beloved saint francis.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Stan said...

And me on my 54th!

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This site is licensed under a Creative Commons License.


Locations of visitors to this page