Saturday, August 21, 2004

The Big Bang



I'm one of those who believe in the theory that the universe started with a Big Bang. In the gender sensitivity training that I attended in the last two days, one resource speaker-- a Catholic priest-- gave a fresh dimension to that theory. He said:
The world started with a big bang,
and we are all part of it.

All of a sudden, that moment of creation flashed again into my mind. This time, it was different from the usual way I imagined the Big Bang to be. As I envisioned that cosmic explosion (or song?), I saw myself in it.

The universe is constantly expanding. And its present expansion may be thought of as part of that Big Bang that happened in the beginning of time. I'm also beginning to see now that every birth and growth on earth, whether of a human being, a plant or an animal, is an extension of that Big Bang.


1 Comments:

Blogger Sassy Lawyer said...

Four years of philosophy in college and so many years later, I still have a problem coming to terms with what "the beginning of time means". If time indeed had a beginning, what "was" before time? Or are we pinning the beginning of time to the beginning of life on earth?

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This site is licensed under a Creative Commons License.


Locations of visitors to this page