Saturday, July 03, 2004

my Tao Te Ching



i have included in my blog
links to various english translations
of the Tao Te Ching
for easy reference.
i'm also mulling over the idea
of making my own version of the book.
i'm calling it My Tao Te Ching.
i think it's good discipline
for every taoist
to write his own translation
or interpretation of the book
and keep on updating it
based on new experiences and insights.
just like painting bamboo leaves
or the art of calligraphy,
it would be an excellent way
to keep oneself centered
and constantly aware
of the tao.


2 Comments:

Blogger Bear said...

Roh,

That is quite a project that you've chosen to undertake. I am inspired to do roughly the same thing.

I, unfortunately, do not speak Chinese, and am prohibited by that inability, to study English texts, and 'evolve' my own interpretation.

I think that, for me, it's going to require a great deal of meditation.

Thank you for the inspiration.

-Bear

Post Script:
I wish that your profile included an email address. I would welcome the chance to correspond with you.

3:06 AM  
Blogger Bear said...

I see that you have added even MORE links to the Tao Te Ching. I had no idea there were so many translations and interpretations. I also did not know that there were so many people seeking some kind of enlightenment. I thought I was alone, or almost so. It's good to know that there are others on "The Path".

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This site is licensed under a Creative Commons License.


Locations of visitors to this page