Sunday, May 08, 2005

Origami



out of square paper
the flapping
of crane wings


Origami, the Japanese art of paper folding, has fascinated me since childhood. Even now, I still fold that all-time favorite paper crane, as a way of meditation. I also keep a book by Tomoko Fuse who stunned me-- and the rest of the world-- with his excellent origami boxes. They are ideal gifts by themselves.

My first origami teacher was no other than my mom. In celebration of Mother's Day, I wrote the following poem for her:

She who taught me how to make a paper crane
yields to the endless foldings of seasons;
now, her hair is turning into white feathers
and her back begins to grow wings




3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I've linked to your site, Roh.

The link is always there, and when I'm feeling tense or anxious I can click on the link and go to a place that offers diversion and serenity.

If you have any links to origami sites, by the way. I'd like to see them.

-Bear
http://staroftexas.net/journal

10:37 PM  
Blogger roh mih said...

Hi, Bear! Long time, no hear. Thanks for visiting this site again.

I have no particular origami site in mind, but I will search the web. What I have are books in my shelf.

Good day and peace to you!

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello po. =) Thanks for your comment on my short-poetry site. To be appreciated by a poet is indeed flattering. I like your writings and to think you write haiku too, and you linked up SimplyHaiku! That's my friend, Robert Wilson's page. He's a great inspiration in my haiku writing. He's one of the best.

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This site is licensed under a Creative Commons License.


Locations of visitors to this page