Tuesday, April 03, 2007



Here's a set of 12-syllable English haiku. If I am to choose a fixed form for English haiku, I'd choose this one (without constraint on the number of syllables per line.):


here to fill
my belly with fish--
I feed a koi



jeepney ride--
the rooster is quiet
all the way



siesta time--
a sparrow is looking
for something



shadow boxing
before a multitude
of stars



dinner time--
downstairs, my niece
calling out my name



the full moon
is up so early--
first Lenten palm



1 Comments:

Blogger Gabi Greve said...

Dear Roh san,
here is your JEEPNEY in the Philippines Saijiki .

Thank you so much!

GABI
Jeepney/ ... PHILIPPINES SAIJIKI ...

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This site is licensed under a Creative Commons License.


Locations of visitors to this page