Sunday, January 15, 2006




afternoon breeze--
under swaying leaves, I part
the wild horse's mane



Today, I reached another milestone in my ten-thousand-step walk. I had my first session in Tai Chi, conducted by the Blue Dragon Tai Chi Society. The training, held in UP Diliman, was based on the 24-form Yang Style. Brando our trainer taught us the basic tai-chi walk; the first form or beginning movement in the Yang Style which he calls "pressing the water"; and the second form called "parting the wild horse's mane".

I haven't had regular physical exercise for a long, long time. With Tai Chi, which is also called 'moving meditation', I have become more aware of my body and posture.The exercise underscored the importance of balance, focus and smooth execution. Feeling the light afternoon wind and hearing the soft rustles of leaves, I felt more closely connected with nature.


2 Comments:

Blogger Pat Paulk said...

Roh, good luck with the Tai Chi. This haiku is great!

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tito roh mih!

i've read an article in a newspaper that those who medidate are more happy and hopeful.ü

gusto ko din mag medidate (any form of meditation) para magkaroon ako lalo ng peace of mind. magulo na kasi isip ko!ü

take care.

melvin

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This site is licensed under a Creative Commons License.


Locations of visitors to this page